KidZania Delhi NCR takes an initiative to help kids volunteer for Oxfam and donate for a cause
Delhi, June 2017: KidZania Delhi NCR, a Global Indoor Theme Park, joins hands with Oxfam India, an international charitable organisation to empower children to better understand social issues so that in the future they can be responsible citizens and create a positive impact in society.
KidZania inspires, educates & empowers children, helping them understand & manage their world better. With an on-going CSR program “Kids for a Cause” KidZania focusses on building community connect and inculcating social responsibility amongst its visitors. Keeping this effort in mind, KidZania Delhi NCR has a dedicated establishment ‘Charitable Organization Institute’ which gives kids an opportunity to conduct various awareness campaigns on-ground as a part of regular activities.
In the 45 day long partnership between KidZania Delhi NCR and Oxfam India, visiting children will be encouraged to role-play as volunteers at Oxfam India activity zone and will be responsible to build awareness about the Right to Education amongst other visitors. Through this activity kids will get to understand the concept of charity work, fundraising and that every child deserves the right to education and an equal chance to succeed.
Speaking on the initiative, Mr. Viraj Jit Singh, CMO, KidZania India said: “Kids today are socially conscious and willing to be responsible to create positive impact on society. At KidZania we are always looking at partnerships that create opportunities for children to become role-models and learn how to contribute to society, even at a young age. Oxfam India is renowned for its work towards bringing sustainable changes in people’s lives and we are proud to have them as our partners.”
Speaking on this partnership, Ms. Nisha Agrawal, Oxfam India CEO said: “Education is the right for all and not a privilege for few, yet in India 60 lakh children are out of school. It is important for children to understand the struggle of millions to get access to this right. KidZania offers a unique ‘edutainment experience’ to kids which when united with a social cause becomes a powerful tool to create change makers in the society. We hope this partnership will mobilize our future generations to care and contribute towards change in the world.”
About KidZania Delhi NCR:KidZania Delhi NCR is built like a city across 97,000 sq. ft. where children can independently explore and choose to role-play from 100+ exciting careers like pilot, surgeon, RJ, chef, fire-fighter among many more. KidZania emulates the workings of a city, complete with a functioning economy and its own currency. Each experience is designed to empower kids, giving them the confidence to be their best selves, and inspiration to be great global citizens.
The franchise license for KidZania in India is owned by Imagination Edutainment. Singapore-based KidZ Inc, whose shareholders are Comcraft Group, Xander Group and Maxfield Management Limited, own 74 per cent of the franchise while actor Shah Rukh Khan owns the remaining 26 per cent in his personal capacity. Together, the group has invested Rs.92 crores for the Delhi NCR facility. The brand is also present in Mumbai since 2013.
About OXFAM India:
Oxfam is a global confederation of 20 Oxfam’s all over the world and works for the most marginalized & vulnerable communities. Oxfam India, has been around for the last 67 years and is working in the six poorest states of India on issues of Gender Justice, Economic Justice, Education, Health and Humanitarian Relief. Oxfam India believes in the ‘Right to Life with Dignity for All’.
Oxfam works primarily through grassroots organisations to bring deep-rooted sustainable changes in people’s lives. We use our learnings about what works and what doesn’t at the grassroots level, through research and advocacy, to bring about pro-poor changes in policies and institutions. Our head office is in New Delhi.
For more information please contact:
Aakanksha Gupta (KidZania Delhi NCR) email@example.com | +91 98203 87694
Himanshi Matta (Oxfam India) Himanshi@oxfamindia.org I +91 8860182310
15 Nov, 2018 | admin
09 Nov, 2018 | admin
02 Nov, 2018 | admin
05 Oct, 2018 | admin