Programme Coordinator - Jharkhand
Oxfam is marking its 66th year in India this year. Oxfam India, a fully independent Indian organization (with Indian staff and an Indian Board) is a member of a global confederation of 20 Oxfams.
The Oxfams are rights-based organizations that fight poverty and injustice by linking grassroots programming (through partner NGOs) to local, national and global advocacy and policy-making. All of Oxfam’s work is framed by our commitment to five broad rights-based aims: the right to a sustainable livelihood, the right to basic social services, the right to life and security, the right to be heard and the right to equality: gender and diversity.
Oxfam India's vision is to create a more equal, just, and sustainable world. The overarching vision of Oxfam India is “right to life with dignity for all”. Oxfam India will fulfil its vision by empowering the poor and marginalized to demand their rights, engaging the non-poor to become active and supportive citizens, advocating for an effective and accountable state and making markets work for poor and marginalized people.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title : Programme Coordinator - Jharkhand
Department : Programmes & Advocacy
Location : Ranchi, Jharkhand
Level / Pay Band : A6 - Coordinator
Contract : 3 Years Fixed Term (renewable)
Reports To : Regional Manager – Bihar & Jharkhand
Scope of Position :
The incumbent will work under the leadership of the Regional Manager-Bihar and Jharkhand and in close coordination with staff at the Regional team based in Patna to deliver on the Oxfam’s strategic plans as well as in accordance with the policy guidelines. The primary responsibility will be to work closely with networks and alliances in Jharkhand on Oxfam India’s thematic areas especially on Gender Justice and Economic Justice. Oxfam India is running two high profile campaigns - one on addressing social norms that underpin violence against women and girls and the other on Inequality where the focus is on increased public spending on health and education. The incumbent will anchor these campaigns in Jharkhand. The incumbent will liaison with the relevant ministries and government departments to advocate and campaign for policy changes. The incumbent will also coordinate with local partners and implement campaigns and advocacy events at the state and district levels and contribute to all policy discourses in accordance with Oxfam India’s position on the subject. The incumbent will participate in and contribute to the development and operationalizing of the wider institutional strategy for the country. This position will deputize for the Regional Manager in her absence and represent Oxfam India as and when responsibilities are so delegated by the Regional Manager.
Key Responsibilities :
- To work in close coordination with the Patna Regional Team.
- To analyze the social, economic, and political situation of Jharkhand and its impact on the socially excluded section of the community. Use the collective knowledge gained through initiatives in strategic advocacy and campaign planning.
- Promote and strengthen civil society networks, alliances and other intermediaries to further Oxfam India’s thematic influencing agenda
- Coordinate and manage relationships with networks and alliances and collectively plan on advocacy and campaign agenda
- Ensure highest standards are achieved in achieving the influencing agenda as per Oxfam India’s policy requirements
- Ensure adherence to proper programme quality through Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems; and documentation and communication of impact of Oxfam’s programme.
- To take lead in knowledge generation by collating and analyzing relevant data for the state of Jharkhand and draw out trends and lessons for policy advocacy
- Implement Oxfam’s Gender, Diversity and Equal Opportunities policies
- To represent and liaise with donors, government officials and district, state and national level organizations and other bodies as necessary and advise on and participate in lobbying and advocacy activities
- To work closely with other teams in Delhi e.g. Institutional Fundraising (IF) and Public Engagement (PE) teams and collaborate on shared responsibilities in furtherance of Oxfam’s objectives.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Post Graduate qualifications in social sciences, or related discipline
- Substantial knowledge and experience (at least 8 years) in the management of development work
- Substantial experience in policy advocacy and campaigning, preferably experience of linking micro-level project work on influencing policies and practices
- An understanding of the socio-economic, political and ecological conditions of India and prior working experience in Jharkhand is desirable
- High level of analytical, conceptual and strategic planning ability along with basic research and documentation skills
- Proven track record of achieving results and demonstrable network management and government liaison skills
- Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues
- To be able to work as part of a state and national team with strong interpersonal skills, and practice and maintain positive team dynamics
- Information technology skills desirable
- Physical fitness for travel and a willingness for sustained field work
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and verbal English and Hindi
Relocation : During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
Travel : Willingness to travel within country and abroad as required.
- All applicants should apply on email@example.com
- All applicants to put “Humanitarian Finance Officer – Kolkata", as the subject line.
- All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format.
- All applicants should mention the last drawn salary, salary expectation and the notice period.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 19th June, 2017.
- Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Date Issued/Date of Revision: June 06, 2017
Approved By: Director – Programmes & Advocacy