Program Coordinator - Humanitarian Fundraising
About Oxfam India
Oxfam is celebrating its 67th year of humanitarian service in India. In 1951, Oxfam Great Britain launched its first full scale humanitarian response to the Bihar famine. In the past six decades Oxfam has supported civil society organisations across the country. In 2008, various Oxfams in India joined forces to form Oxfam India. Registered as an independent organisation, Oxfam India has indigenous staff and board members. We are a member of the global confederation of 20 Oxfams.
The Oxfams are rights-based organizations that fight poverty and injustice by linking grassroots programming (through partner NGOs) to local, national and global advocacy and policy-making. All of Oxfam’s work is framed by our commitment to five broad rights-based aims: the right to a sustainable livelihood, the right to basic social services, the right to life and security, the right to be heard and the right to equality: gender and diversity.
Oxfam India’s vision is to help create an equal, just and sustainable society by empowering the underprivileged. Oxfam India believes in the ‘Right to Life with Dignity for All’. This is fulfilled by engaging empowered citizens to become active and supportive partners, advocating an effective and accountable State and making markets work for the underprivileged.
Oxfam India works with local administrations, poor rural people’s organizations, non-governmental organizations and the private sector to design innovative disaster risk reduction and resilience building projects and programmes that fit within the vulnerable community’s priorities for protecting assets and reducing water and sanitation needs.
Under its humanitarian responses, Oxfam helps communities caught us in natural disasters across the country with clean water, food, sanitation and EFSVL services. Oxfam India has established a humanitarian hub in Kolkata to manage its humanitarian responses.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title : Program Coordinator - Humanitarian Fundraising
Department : Programmes and Advocacy
Location : Kolkata
Level / Pay Band :
Contract : 1 Years Fixed Term (Extendable)
Reports To : Direct Reporting: Manager – Humanitarian Hub
Matrix Reporting: Manager – Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
Scope of Position :
The key role of this position is to generate new partnerships and funding through potential donors for Humanitarian response and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Programs. The incumbent will coordinate with IFR who has delegated responsibility from the Manager – Business Development & Strategic Partnerships.
It is envisaged that this will be achieved through mapping potential partnerships/donors, establishing new relationships; develop and facilitate compelling concept notes and proposals in response to new funding opportunities; management of existing contracts review & submission of reports for existing donor supported projects and other donor compliances.
It’s a broad role with the chance to work closely with the Humanitarian and DRR team as well as engaging appropriately with other departments across the organisation as per requirement.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Establishing New Partnerships
- Develop a Humanitarian and DRR Fundraising Road Map for the organisation in consultation with Manager - Business Development & Strategic Partnerships and India Humanitarian Program Manager.
- Establishing new partnerships by identifying potential opportunities Bi & Multi-Laterals, Corporates, Trust and Foundations and through related open call for proposals as well as through direct contacts/cold calling.
- Maintain a list of potential affiliate home donors in India, and their specific funding preferences and deadlines for proposal submission; track progress of proposals, submission dates, amounts, meeting briefs etc.
- Mapping potential donors including trusts and foundations for Humanitarian and DRR.
- Build strong effective working relationships with donors in coordination with IFR and Humanitarian Programme Manager.
- Actively tracking calls for Concepts notes, Letter of Intent and proposals issued by various donors related to Humanitarian and DRR.
2. Coordination with the Programme & Finance Team
- Develop concept notes and proposals, facilitate budgeting for proposals, answering donor queries and contract management compliance by supporting respective programme team.
- Ensuring quality of reports. Work closely with the Finance team as well as relevant technical staff to ensure coherence while report submission.
- Coordinate with Humanitarian Manager and the team on project implementation as per the contract conditions.
- Ensure all appropriate donor formats for proposals are readily available and that key contributing staff have a clear understanding of donor requirements and expectations for the proposal.
- Ensure a clear understanding of donor requirements and expectations and lead in developing proposals. Ensure and manage donor data base and respective formats
- Build effective relationship with cross thematic teams/ cross departments and Regional Offices.
- Transform information gathered, objectives set and results expected into required formats and in line with requirements of each donor.
3. Manage Donor Relationship
- Lead coordination of donor visits and building donor relationship.
- Ensure the responsive and timely management of all administrative aspects of the donor relationships.
- Build strong effective working relationships with donors.
- Work with various teams to develop high quality funding proposals.
- Ensure timely submission of proposals with complete donor compliance.
- Work closely with the programmes team, especially humanitarian and DRR and other related functions to ensure understanding of any implications, risks and opportunities of funding applications.
4. Contract Management and Due Diligence
- Maintaining appropriate documentation and records in an easily accessible and logical way and ensure that there is a system to plan various aspects of contract compliance in coordination with the Institutional Fundraising team at HO.
- Ensure and manage donor data base and respective formats.
5. Support India Humanitarian Manager and Manager - Business Development & Strategic Partnerships as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A post graduate degree from a reputed institute in the relevant subject is preferred.
- Demonstrated at least 5 years’ experience of writing proposals on Humanitarian grants and Programs on Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR), Resilience and Climate Change issues - Essential
- Demonstrated experience of writing winning proposals, especially to restricted donors like ECHO, DFID, UN, START and large Trusts and Foundations. - Essential
- Have sound knowledge of DRR and Humanitarian programmes implementation - Desirable
- Conceptually clear and analytical - Essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English - Essential
- Ability to evaluate proposals and reports and make technical recommendations for improvement.
Ability to produce clear and timely written communications in the form of proposals and reports within strict and often demanding timelines. Essential
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management, Logical framework Analysis and other programme development tools.
- Numeracy, budgetary and financial reporting skills – Essential
- IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- In depth knowledge of humanitarian and DRR donor landscape and other donor requirements.
- Understanding of donor compliance.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willing and able to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
- Good administration skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Relocation : During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India.
Travel : Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
1. All applicants should apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. All applicants to put Program Coordinator - Humanitarian Fundraising as the subject line
3. All applications shouldhave the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format.
4. All applicants should mention the last drawn salary, salary expectation and the notice period.
5. The deadline for receiving applications is 16th June 2017.
6. Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.
7. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.