Partnership Development Executive (Fundraising)
Oxfam is marking its 65th year in India this year. Oxfam India, a fully independent Indian organization (with Indian staff and an Indian Board) is a member of a global confederation of 18 Oxfams.
The Oxfams are rights-based organizations that fight poverty and injustice by linking grassroots programming (through partner NGOs) to local, national and global advocacy and policy-making. All of Oxfam’s work is framed by our commitment to five broad rights-based aims: the right to a sustainable livelihood, the right to basic social services, the right to life and security, the right to be heard and the right to equality: gender and diversity.
Oxfam India's vision is to create a more equal, just, and sustainable world. The overarching vision of Oxfam India is “right to life with dignity for all”. Oxfam India will fulfil its vision by empowering the poor and marginalized to demand their rights, engaging the non-poor to become active and supportive citizens, advocating for an effective and accountable state and making markets work for poor and marginalized people.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Partnership Development Executive (Fundraising)
Department: Public Engagement
Level / Pay Band: A8
Contract: 3 Years Fixed Term
Reports To: Regional Head – Partnership Development
Scope of Position:
As a Partnership Development Executive, you will work closely with the Officer – Partnership Development of Oxfam India and provide support in scale-up strategic partnerships with Corporations and Institutions. Registrations for the Oxfam India Trailwalker, availing sponsorships, conducting promotional campaigns and networking will be a primary responsibility of the role.
- Create and maintain a database of the corporates in the region.
- Collate information on fundraising opportunities and CSR programmes of corporates in the region as well as on their employee volunteering policies and target corporates which have matching grant opportunities available linked with volunteering
- Devise ideas for cause-related marketing partnerships with corporates of the region
- To organise meetings with corporate CSR heads and likely funding networks
- Driving and maximizing revenues through new business development by way of cause-related marketing, payroll giving and CSR partnerships
- Be open to making cold calls
- Be innovative and proactively identify opportunities for Oxfam Fundraising
- Enable the overall target of Partnership Development Vertical including number of team sign up and fund raising for Trailwalker as well as volunteer recruiting target (for Medical, Physio & General) and check point sponsorship
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven success in sales, generation of new business leads along with exceptional account management skills
- Must have between 1-2 years’ experience in fund-raising or business development
- Must be result-oriented, proactive, and hard-working; and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- Very strong communication skills, client-friendly personality and ability to manage pressure well
- Ability to use computer applications
- Excellent analytical skills, motivated, hard-working and self-driven leader.
- MBA from a leading institution preferred
- Knowledge of local languages will be a plus
Relocation: During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
- All applicants should apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants to put “Partnership Development Executive (Fundraising) – Mumbai", as the subject line
- All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format.
- Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.