01 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015
Share this on
EFRAH was registered in 1999. EFRAH works in urban rehabilitation settlement in Delhi majority of whom are informal workers including rag pickers, domestic workers, construction workers, street vendors etc. The organization has formed groups of young girls and community groups who identifies and support out of school children. The intervention strategy consists of building community level pressure through collectivization which also results in peer pressure on one hand and working with SCPCR(State Commission for protection of Child Rights) and other agencies.
Impact by partner
- 136 (78 girls and 58 boys) out of school children are enrolled by EFRAH in this financial year 2013-14.
- Out of these 136 students 21 drop out adolescence (18 girls and 3 boys) was link to formal education through NIOS in 10th and 12th standard.
- Senistisation of 133 adolescent girls and 102 boys on issues of gender equality, gender violence and importance of education.
- Sustained work with schools to form SMC in the area.
- Public hearing was conducted in which 12 cases related to education, health, women safety and sanitation issues were raised by the community. The public hearing was attended by the chairperson of the NCPCR and members from DCPCR. 12 affidavits related to Education, Health and Women Safety is highlighted and submitted to DCPCR for further action.
- Contributed to the vote for education campaign with more than 10,000 people voting to prioritise education.