01 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015
Share this on
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009 was passed by Parliament on 1st April 2010. However the state government notified its state rules late, delaying implementation. As reported by civil society organizations and teachers, first phase of School Management committees (SMCs) was formed in the year 2010 without formal electoral process as mandated under RTE act. Last year in the month of August to September, second phase of SMCs have been formed in fairly transparent and democratic manner. Training of elected members of SMCs and formation of school development plan is a major challenge in this year.
Impact by partner
- Training of 60 SMC members will be done from 30 schools on RTE Act and Community based monitoring.
- Orientation of 30 PRI and VEC members will be done on grievance redressal from two blocks.
- Training of children on Child rights, RTE Act and inclusion will be done in 30 schools.
- Cluster and block level meetings of SMCs will be organized in three blocks of Hamirpur.
- Three multi-stakeholder meeting (shiksha samwad) will be organized in Hamirpur district on the issue of education.
- Child friendly activities will be organized in 30 schools of two blocks • Child news letter ‘Bal Jhankar’ will be organized twice in year with children and teachers of 30 schools.
- 30 school development plans from intervention schools will be reviewed and revised.
- Workshop will be organized with teachers of cluster schools in two blocks to disseminate the same in other schools
- Migrant children will be tracked in the neighbourhood area of 30 schools.
- Support classes will be provided to selected 5 villages for retaining migrant children.
- Two public hearing will be organized in Bundelkhand region on the issue of inclusion and RTE implementation.
- Six meeting of CSOs will be organized on Grievance redressal on RTE.
- State level advocacy will be done with SMCs of Hamirpur district on effective implementation of RTE Act.
- State and National level advocacy will be done in alliance with SCoRE and National RTE Forum.
- Two follow up workshop will be organized in Hamirpur district.
- Campaign and IEC material will be developed on SMC functioning, grievance redressal and child rights.
- Child conclave will be organized at district level during child rights week