Over 1.9 Crore people have been affected by the devastating floods in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. 1.9 Crore people are in need of clean drinking water. 1.9 Crore people are in search of a roof over their heads. And these 1.9 Crore people are at severe risk of the waterborne diseases. They urgently need your HELP!
Oxfam India is on the ground providing critical relief to the affected families and communities.
Be a savior and donate now to help people in need.
Over 600 people have lost their lives and several have been injured. The aftermath of floods brings the threat of malnutrition, diarrhea, water-borne diseases like cholera and dysentery, and psychological stress. Drinking water and sanitation remain a challenge even if one is living in a relief camp.
Bihar: Heavy rainfall in Bihar led to the overflow of major rivers like Mahananda and Kankai that caused flooding in several districts in Bihar. The floods have washed away thousands of huts, badly damaged buildings, roads, bridges and standing crops worth crores. Kishanganj, Araria, Purnea and Katihar are worst-hit by the floods where thousands have been displaced. Around 1.58 crore people have been affected by the deluge.
Uttar Pradesh: The flood situation has worsened in eastern UP districts adjoining Nepal following continuous rains and discharge of water in rivers. The overflow of 14 major rivers in Uttar Pradesh resulted in incessant floods. Lakhimpur Khiri, Bharaich, Shrawasti, Balrampur, Basti, Siddarthnagar are the worst affected districts. 8397 villages have been affected in 21 districts.
While the flood-affected poor people are driven to desperation, Oxfam's intervention shows a ray of hope that the aftermath of flood need not be this gloomy.
GIVING A MONTHLY DONATION IS THE BEST WAY TO HELP FAMILIES RECOVER.
We are active in the worst affected districts in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh and are working on-
1. Renovating and installing new elevated hand pumps to supply clean drinking water even in high water levels.
2. Building toilets.
3. Providing relief, shelter and hygiene kits for daily survival needs.
4. Providing counseling and physiological support to children and women.
5. Identifying new livelihood opportunities and training people to set up small-scale shops or skill training.
But we cannot do this alone. We need your help. With as low as Rs 500/ month, you can help support atleast one flood affected family and build a better future for all.
Your monthly support can help change lives. Such small efforts help a lot! SUPPORT NOW!
WHY SUPPORT MONTHLY and NOT ONE-TIME?
1. The aftermath of floods has left people without food, shelter, clean water, toilets and source of income.
2. People have nowhere to go and have lost all hope to rebuild their lives during these times of crisis.
3. Oxfam is working with the most economically weaker section people to get back to normalcy and make a better living.
4. Your regular support will help ensure that people don’t go without Food, Shelter and Livelihood in the coming months. And children have a chance to go back to school and feel safe.
5. These people will be trapped in a cycle of poverty without your regular support.
The people in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh need each one us to come forward and help secure their present and future. Let's take a pledge to support atleast one flood affected family and help them alleviate out of poverty.
Families have lost their homes, as well as their agricultural produce, personal valuables and livestock, all of which they depended on for their livelihood. They are facing challenges in accessing safe drinking water and are forced to drink contaminated water as hand-pumps which are the major source of drinking water are submerged. Open defecation is rampant as there is flood water everywhere. With no toilets, people defecate in open fields and old age people defecate near the shelter place. Women in menstruation face great difficulty. Thus, sanitation facility is a major problem and poses serious health risks.
The current situation in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh is critical as people are struggling to survive. We aim to reach out to atleast 8000 households. We need your help. Donate now to save lives.
Our team is tirelessly working to provide urgent assistance for flood survivors to cope. The pressing need at this moment is to provide Food, Clean drinking water, Hygiene kits, Shelter to protect people from extreme weather and other Non-Food items like tarpaulins, blankets, ground sheets, and a specially designed Oxfam bucket that prevents contamination of water, mugs, mosquito nets and water purification.
Your support can help flood-affected families receive life-saving support.
Oxfam India will provide an evaluation report and an audited account of the use of the funds raised after the relief project has been completed.
1. Number of People Affected: 1.71 Crore
2.Villages Affected: 8397 villages in 21 districts were severely damaged*.
3.Districts Affected: Kishanganj, Araria, Purnea and Katihar
4.Reported Human Lives Lost – 514*
5. Oxfam’s Goal: To reach out to 5000 Households
Oxfam in Bihar
1. Distributed Hygiene Kit and Shelter Kit – 1453 Households
230 hand pumps have been chlorinated and five hand pumps have been installed
3. Menstruation Health Management workshop has been conducted for 1,500 women and girls and Public Health Promotion activities in five villages
4. Distributed NADCC tablets for water purification- 84,180
1.Number of People Affected: 29,22,684
2.Villages Affected: 3133 villages in 24 districts are severely damaged*.
3.Districts Affected: Lakhimpur Khiri, Bharaich, Shrawasti, Balrampur, Basti, Siddarthnagar
4.Reported Human Lives Lost – 110*
5. Oxfam’s Goal: To reach out to 3000 Households
Oxfam in Uttar Pradesh
1. Distributed Hygiene Kit and Shelter Kit –1562 Households
3. Water chlorination is being conducted at various flood-hit districts
|Hygiene Kit||Hygiene Kit (2 No.Bucket with lid and Mug,8 No.Bathing Soap, gms,1 Set. Sanitary cloth with Cotton rope and Cloth Bag, ORS / NADCC,1 Unit.Savlon,1 Set. Comb and Nail Cutter,1 Set. Other Hygiene kit )|
|Shelter Kit||Tarpaulin and Ground sheet, Blanket /Bedsheets-2 Mosquito Nets ,Household water Filter and Nylon Rope.|
Make a donation
Your contribution, however small it might be, will help us fight poverty and injustice. We thank you for your contribution which will make a big difference in someone’s life...