Celebrate Onam by serving the ones who need our support. The latest Floods in Assam have resulted in a loss of over Rs 2939 crores, which is 15 times the average loss the state puts up every year owing to floods. The aftermath of deluge brings the threat of malnutrition, diarrhoea, water-borne diseases like cholera and dysentery, psychological stress and human trafficking. Drinking water and sanitation remain a challenge even if one is living in a relief camp.
Oxfam India is on the ground providing critical relief and WE NEED YOUR HELP! HELP REBUILD ASSAM AND MANIPUR!
While the flood affected poor people are driven to desperation, Oxfam's intervention shows a ray of hope that the aftermath of flood need not be this gloomy.
We are active in the worst affected districts in Assam and Manipur and are working on :-
- Renovating handpumps
- Installing new elevated handpumps to supply clean drinking water even in high water levels
- Building Toilets
- Providing relief, shelter and hygiene kits for daily survival needs
- Providing counselling and phycological support to children and women
- Identifying new livelihhod opportunities and training people to set up small scale shops or skill training
For this, we need your help. With as low as Rs 500/ month, you can help support 1 flood affected family and build a better future for them.
Your monthly support can help change lives. Such small efforts help a lot! SUPPORT NOW!
WHY SUPPORT MONTHLY and NOT ONE-TIME?
- The aftermath of Floods has left the people in Assam without food, shelter, clean water, toilets and source of income.
- People have nowhere to go and lost all hope to rebuild their lives during these times of crisis.
- Oxfam is working with the most economically weaker section people to get back to normalcy and make a better living.
- Your regular support will help ensure that people dont go without Food, Shelter and Livelihood in the coming months. And children have a chance to go back to school and feel safe.
- These people will be trapped in a cycle of poverty without your regular support.
The people in Assam and Manipur need each one us to come forward and help secure their present and future. Let's take a pledge to sponsor atleast 1 flood affected family and help them alleviate out of poverty.
In Assam, over 80 people have lost their lives due to drowning or electrocution and the numbers are increasing. Karimganj and Lakhimpur are the worst affected districts.
In Manipur, for the past two months, floods and landslides have continued to cause devastation in the state. Imphal East district is the worst hit district with over 60,000 people affected.
People have lost their homes, as well as their agricultural produce, personal valuables and livestock, all of which they depended on for their livelihood.
The current situation in Assam and Manipur is critical as people are struggling to survive and we need your help. Donate now to save lives.
Without access to clean water, food and shelter, flood survivors are particularly vulnerable at this time. Hand pumps are contaminated with flood water; open defecation and debris have become matters of concern. Stagnant water too poses the risk of water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, malaria and dengue.
Oxfam’s team is tirelessly working in the worst hit districts to provide urgent assistance for flood survivors to cope. The pressing need at this moment is to provide Food, Clean drinking water, Hygiene kits, Shelter to protect people from extreme weather and other Non-Food items like tarpaulins, blankets, ground sheets, and a specially designed Oxfam bucket that prevents contamination of water, mugs, mosquito nets and water purification tablets among other relief items.
Your support can help flood-affected families receive lifesaving support.
Oxfam India will provide an evaluation report and an audited account on the use of the funds raised after the relief project has been completed.
1.Number of People Affected
2.Villages Affected: 2450 villages were severly damaged*.
3.Districts Affected: Lakhimpur, Jorhat, Golaghat, Cachar, Dhemjai, Biswanath, Karimganj, Sonitpur, Majuli, Barpeta, Nagaon, Nalbari, Sivasagar, Morigaon, Chiranng, Dibrugarh, Dhubri, Kokrajhar, South Salmara
4.Oxfam’s Goal: To reach out to 7500 Households
5.Reported human lives lost – 83*
Oxfam in Assam
1.Distributed Food items- 250 Households
2.Distributed Hygiene Kit and Shelter Kit – 2664
3.Initiated Public health promotion activities in villages in camps
*According to the Assam State Disaster Management Authority Flood Report
1. Number of Households Affected: 19,095**
2. Villages Affected: 39 villages are severely damaged and under water**
3. Worst Affected Districts: Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal, Kakching and Bishnupur district
4. Reported human lives lost – 19*
5. Oxfam’s Goal: To reach out to 5000 Households
** According to SitRep Sphere India and IAG Manipur
Oxfam in Manipur
1. Distributed Hygiene Kit and Shelter Kit – 888 Households
|Hygiene Kit||Hygiene Kit (2 No.Bucket with lid and Mug,8 No.Bathing Soap, gms,1 Set. Sanitary cloth with Cotton rope and Cloth Bag, ORS / NADCC,1 Unit.Savlon,1 Set. Comb and Nail Cutter,1 Set. Other Hygiene kit )|
|Shelter Kit||Tarpaulin and Ground sheet, Blanket /Bedsheets-2 Mosquito Nets ,Household water Filter and Nylon Rope.|
Make a donation
Your contribution, however small it might be, will help us fight poverty and injustice. We thank you for your contribution which will make a big difference in someone’s life...