HR, Admin and IT Executive
About Oxfam India
Oxfam is marking its 65th year in India this year. Oxfam India, a fully independent Indian organization (with Indian staff and an Indian Board) is a member of a global confederation of 18 Oxfams.
The Oxfams are rights-based organizations that fight poverty and injustice by linking grassroots programming (through partner NGOs) to local, national and global advocacy and policy-making. All of Oxfam’s work is framed by our commitment to five broad rights-based aims: the right to a sustainable livelihood, the right to basic social services, the right to life and security, the right to be heard and the right to equality: gender and diversity.
Oxfam India's vision is to create a more equal, just, and sustainable world. The overarching vision of Oxfam India is “right to life with dignity for all”. Oxfam India will fulfil its vision by empowering the poor and marginalized to demand their rights, engaging the non-poor to become active and supportive citizens, advocating for an effective and accountable state and making markets work for poor and marginalized people.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title : HR, Admin and IT Executive
Department : Public Engagement
Location : Pune
Level / Pay Band : A8
Contract : 3 Years
Reports To : Regional Manager
Scope of Position : In line with Oxfam’s strategic plans and policy guidelines to work under the leadership of the Regional Manager and playing major role in ensuring that Admin, HR and IT processes are timely completed.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all documents related to administration, HR, finance and projects / programmes.
- Provide general administrative, financial and logistical support to the team including reservation of tickets and hotels and organising logistics, as and when required.
- Contribute to adherence to general safety & security guidelines.
- Provide secretarial assistance to the Regional Manager and team members as and when required.
- General support for maintenance of office equipments, generators, systems and facilities.
- Contributes to the development of improvements to the department’s services, procedures and systems.
- Maintain, Update and Manage Library.
- Maintain & manage inventory of office supplies like stationary etc.
- Manage petty cash, travel advances, banking transactions and monthly accounting functions in relation to reconciliation of cash and books.
- Ensure timely opening/closing of office.
- Manage soft and hard files in regional office through support of driver cum office assistant.
- Front Office Management- attending to visitors, calls and queries.
- Managing the incoming and outgoing mails and the General Office email id.
- Maintaining and updating details of staff movement.
- Act as the IT lead person for the office.
- Maintain all the IT assets of the office, and ensure proper functioning of all the equipments.
- Providing first level user support to staff.
- Updating office softwares in coordination with the IT staff in Delhi.
- Manage information filing and retrieval system for internal and external documents, and ensure a common approach to information management systems in the programme office.
- Scanning of GALs & other documents as directed by Regional Manager.
- Act as HR point person in relation to information provision and coordination with HR staff in Delhi.
- Maintaining the HR database including leave records, attendance register, and all the personnel files.
- Preparation of an induction plan for all the new joinee and share information about Oxfam India, the policies and its ways of working.
- Provide support to the Regional Manager in planning the Performance Review process with the staff and during staff recruitments.
- Implement Oxfam’s Gender, Diversity and Equal Opportunities policies.
- Carry out and monitor subcontracting of services (security, cleaning, consultants, etc).
- Coordinate logistic arrangements during recruitments
- Maintain all the MIS related to Individual FR Team.
- Coordinating with Delhi Finance team on daily basis regarding Individual Fund raising.
- Ensuring verification of Individual FR Team’s Forms on daily basis.
- Ensuring donor services when needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years experience in a similar job of which at least one year should be in an NGO.
- University Degree, preferably in a discipline relevant for the job (e.g. B.Com/BCA).
- High levels of computer literacy particularly MS Office, e-mail and the internet.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, Hindi and Odia.
- Sound knowledge and experience in administration and planning including developing and implementing efficient office systems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Commitment to Oxfam India’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development sector.
- Ability to manage and supervise general office work.
- Sensitivity to gender equality and equity issues in work practices.
- Able to follow set procedures and instructions.
- Willingness to work extra hours to meet timelines.
- Initiative to take on responsibility and work with minimal supervision and meets basic requirements for work.
- Independent handling of correspondence.
- Reliable / efficient storage and retrieval of records.
Travel : Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
Relocation : During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India.
- All applicants should apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants to put “HR, Admin and IT Executive – Pune", as the subject line
- All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format.
- Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.