Donor Engagement Officer
Oxfam is marking its 65th year in India this year. Oxfam India, a fully independent Indian organization (with Indian staff and an Indian Board) is a member of a global confederation of 18 Oxfams.
The Oxfams are rights-based organizations that fight poverty and injustice by linking grassroots programming (through partner NGOs) to local, national and global advocacy and policy-making. All of Oxfam’s work is framed by our commitment to five broad rights-based aims: the right to a sustainable livelihood, the right to basic social services, the right to life and security, the right to be heard and the right to equality: gender and diversity.
Oxfam India's vision is to create a more equal, just, and sustainable world. The overarching vision of Oxfam India is “right to life with dignity for all”. Oxfam India will fulfil its vision by empowering the poor and marginalized to demand their rights, engaging the non-poor to become active and supportive citizens, advocating for an effective and accountable state and making markets work for poor and marginalized people.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Donor Engagement Officer
Department: Public Engagement
Level / Pay Band: A7
Contract: 3 Years Fixed Term
Reports To: Regional Head – Partnership Development (West)
Scope of Position:
To help Oxfam India engage with its existent HNI donors and thereby raising revenue from the individuals in the region through major contributions by
To network and bring in new HNI’s and talk to them about Oxfam’s work in order to make them ambassadors of Oxfam’s work
1)Retaining Existing Major Donors
2)Soliciting new business by acquiring new HNI Donors
a) To Acquire new donors
- Build and manage internal and external networks to assist in identification, cultivation and solicitation of high value donors and support
- Create activities to recruit new high value donors.
- Generate leads from online platforms, offline means
- Profiling leads looking at their philanthropic interest, age and giving pattern
- Prepare and deliver creative and professional fundraising proposals and presentations to the potential donors
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
b) Nurturing and Engaging with existing Donors
- To be the one-point contact for HNI Donors
- Maintain donor relationships through personal visits, phone calls email as per defined donor journey.
- Design all necessary materials in collaboration with communications team.
- Organize the agreed arrangements, reports and meetings back to the high value donors.
- Graduating existing donors towards Legacy givers.
c) Monitoring and reporting
- Weekly work plan to line manager
- MIS through monthly report on monthly basis to line manager
d) Other Fundraising activities
- Participate in new fundraising strategies, overall annual plans, taking up other fundraising activities wherever and whenever needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Qualification Graduation from any stream
- At least 5 years’ experience required in Marketing
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relationship management role
- Prior experience directly dealing with donors would be desirable.
- Self-Motivated, enthusiastic and confident.
- Highly performance oriented/ target oriented.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work in a collaborative and consultative manner.
- Innovative, Aggressive & Persistent.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for performance.
- Confident, pleasing personality.
- Good Communication Skill in English (both verbal and written).
- Result driven to reach ambitious growth.
- Member of multiple networks
- Previous experience in managing relationships and making asks.
Relocation: During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
- All applicants should apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants to put “Donor Engagement Officer– Mumbai", as the subject line
- All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format.
- Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.